Creating your own home office is immensely helpful when it comes to knocking out your to-do list — and if you don’t think you have room, think again! Use these tips to maximize your space.
- No spare room for an office? No problem. If you have an open corner, you can squeeze in a small corner desk and chair. Same goes for a long hallway. If you have a closet to spare, you can even remove the doors from the closet and place a desk in there.
- Work vertically to add more space. Install floating shelves or invest in a tall shelving unit to store supplies, stash paperwork and showcase books.
- To keep your small home office functioning, you have to stay hyper-organized. Buy baskets, boxes and other storage items to keep everything in its proper place.
- On that note, don’t accumulate paperwork. To prevent piles on piles, use the system of three — toss/recycle it, file it away or take action.
- Purchase a desk with multiple built-in storage options to maximize your storage capacity, like a file drawer or hutch.
- If you have the extra room to spare, buy a couple small side tables to place next to your desk.
- Use a cord controller to wrangle your various electrical cords.
Need help executing your home office? We can help. Contact yourReeceNichols agent today.